19 Ways to Practice Acting Today
1. Order a coffee in a foreign accent.
2. Be mute for a day; can you survive without your voice?
3. Get a date as a character (What happens in character, stays in character ;))
4. Act drunk (Don’t act and drive)
5. Eat your character’s favourite food (Romeo loves pizza).
6. Sell something to a salesman.
7. Say “Egg” in every conversation without being noticed.
8. Say lines to yourself in the mirror – do you believe you?
9. Get into an airport lounge.
10. Break up with your “girlfriend” in public.
11. Imitate someone in the street.
12. Practice lines with a stranger.
13. Dress like your character for a day (don’t forget underwear!).
14. Go for a job trial with no experience.
15. Cry on cue. Every cue.
16. Make a stranger laugh without words.
17. Put on a suit. Test drive a Porsche.
18. Make a stranger to tell you a secret.
19. Turn up to an audition without permission, get the part.
Leave a Reply